Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I love the mornings.  I set the alarm so that I do not miss any of it.  As I took out the garbage 5 am this morning, I took a moment of stolen time to look around the neighborhood while everyone else was sleeping.  A rainy, but warm morning, it was beautiful. The darkness just began to lift and the lack of sunshine on all the lush greenery did it justice.  That color of dusk is the greatest.

I took this photo with infra red film.  EKTACHROME.  ahhhh the good old days.  I'm sure today I couldn't give away my Minotal 101SLR!! I took this photo, obviously --looking up.  I forget to do that sometimes and what a whole new world there is--city or country--of more photos to shoot. I enjoy making nature photos be weird colors that they will never be:  blue leaves, turquoise bark, etc.  I think that makes the photo quite artsy, yet I know that it is a definate style that is in the minority of those who would hang it in their abode. Abode, when was the last time you called your home that?  I just hung a vintage picture and at the bottom it was entitled "Abode of Contentment".  What else could you ask for?

The morning is mine
Stolen time
Coffee in my hand.
I cherish it
I relish it
I develop a plan.
For the rest of the day
I know, you don't have to say
I'll never follow thru!
But tomorrow dawn will
Be waiting for me, still
With a new list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment